The new and completely dead PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosGarcia

Solid State Member
It's not dead .. I cannot use it without getting into safe mode. I'm running an Athlon XP 2700, a Pine 32MB AGP card, an Asus motherboard, and 512DDR400 with a Maxtor 80GB hard drive and an Audigy ZS card. I could install Windows XP twice on it, but everytime I ran a game (and at that time I had a GEforce MX4400 128MB card) it blue-screened. It also blue screened while doing normal stuff, normally in an hour or two of use. After much hassles, I installed Windows 2000 with all it's patches, by moving the hard drive to another computer. I also tested the memory on another computer and it ran fine. Sometimes it reboots on the Windows logon screen, just before it gets to the logon part (on the system loading logo screen), and sometimes it lets me log on only to blue screen seconds after, while doing whatever tasks.

I've tried also different motherboards, the latest being a Gigabyte. I have no clues as to what is the problem, knowing that the IRQL not less or equal blue screen refers to hardware issues. I could run the PC fine, less the CPU, memory and video card, on a Matsonic motherboard with a 1.1GHz Pentium Celeron.

Anybody have any experience with this sort of installation trouble? I mean, I just recently could install Windows without having the errors just pop up in the middle or before the installation process. But I still can't use the PC, just safe-mode.

my friends computer was doing the reboot at the logon screen like you are talking about. It was after we had installed a Nvidia 5700 Ultra. Whe swapped out his 250w PS with my 400w PS and that did the trick.

How big is you PS maybe than might be one of the issues as it sounds like there may be several problems.

sounds infected with a virus...the one that infects the lsass (or something like that) process....but what do I know?

There's only two problems that I know of as of now with this computer: the video card (GEforce) went bad, as in not showing any display, and the sound card well I connected the power plug inversely in a desperate attempt to make the front panel work, and it smoked a little. I still don't know if it works or not. I also burned the original CPU by not putting any ground on the motherboard. That's why I tried using another motherboard. The CPU I have now is brand new. The other components remain. It seems that by not grounding the motherboard, other components in my PC got damaged - what I wonder, then, is why when I place the sound card (less the front panel that didn't work), wireless card, memory and hard drive on another computer does it run so fine? Having tested the memory on another computer and running so fine, that only leaves the CPU to me as the culprit .. a brand new one. Really, I don't get it. Besides, the power supply's a 400W, and the hard drive definetly has no virus up to today. What I'm thinking is about using another power supply, judging from that almost last response, and seeing if that has anything to do with the problem.

I hope it fixes it! How else can you describe the feeling of loss when you spend almost a thousand dollars on something that after two months still cannot boot up on a normal OS mode? I'm so frustrated with it .. but yet I cannot leave it at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom