First Rig: Suggestions and Tips Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my ignorance, but as I stated before, I really am unsure about over-clocking. This is my first build and I really want to play it safe. If I screw this up, I can't buy more parts and try again. BTW: I am conisidering the Conroe processor just incase I decide to over-clock in the future.

Well yes the CPU at those high frequencies will produce more heat but the graphics card will NOT if it's on stock volts. I never voltmodded my card and I don't suggest it to anyone who doesn't know what they are doing.

As for overclocking Stolen_Thunder it's simple. As long as you read a guide or two on a forum about overclocking basics you will then have enough information not to try to pour 1.8 Vcore into your chip. To this day I have not seen one person fry a conroe under 1.6 Vcore which more people run around 1.4-1.5 on the Conroes anyway for pretty good OC's.

Excuse my ignorance, but as I stated before, I really am unsure about over-clocking. This is my first build and I really want to play it safe. If I screw this up, I can't buy more parts and try again. BTW: I am conisidering the Conroe processor just incase I decide to over-clock in the future.

Dont listen to people telling you to overclock at the moment, especially your graphics card, If you take it to far the screen renders incorrectly, Pixels turn the wrong color and its hard to see the option to revert the settings, i did this with my 9600XT Card, also in games there were huge Grey triangles covering the screen, walls of buildings were missing. All graphics were totally screwed up, i dont advise you do it unless you know what your doing.

Besides if you do go an buy a AMD 6000 X2 or Intel E6600 and a 8800GTX or X2900XTX you do not need to overclock at all. Your system will run every game released at the moment (and the foreseable future) at maximum settings, and do anything you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom