Does anyone think that linux is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linux is better as far as the fact that it doesnt slow down the computer as much or have as many viruses, but there really isnt enough software for it to make me want to use it solely, but i am going to set up an apache web server and host my own p0rn site

Linux is much like the mac in my opinion. It is better than Windows, but it doesn't have the software compatablity that Windows has, therefore it is a not a good desktop or gaming operating system. The mac and Linux do server their purpose, though. Just as the mac is good for graphics, Linux is good for servers.

Linux is good because there are so many free programs for it like gimp and star office. Although its not good for playing games because you have to emulate windows to play most. I never got any of the emulation programs to work with the games i had, except for Quake III.

Link to Ported Games for linux (many popular games):
http://www.tuxgames.com/

Make a Dual boot system with the latest version of Suse linux or Red Hat and just use windows for games. I would use Suse because it comes with very usefull tools and has a very easy setup.

Linux is free so if you dont like it just go back to Windows.
http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/ftp/personal_iso_int.html

Check out some linux desktops here:
http://www.kde-look.org/

Note:
The new mac os X is based on FreeBSD 5. Free BSD and linux are basically the same thing.

majistic said:
I think that Linux sucks, I like Windows XP Pro.

Hah....
You don't know how to use it ... this is why it's sucks...
hah?
LINUX is not sample OS as the sample things are not
interesting....

I will never install animation movie like WinXP on my PC

There is no win situation....

everybody keeps saying that Linux is not compatible with many games and that is completely wrong. it's the other way around. it's the companies that decide to make games for Windows only because of the mass use of Windows. so it's not Linus' fault. it's the companies' fault.

I just tried installing SuSE Linux on my system and it crashed my computer and I had to do a complete reformat. I think I'll stick with microsoft for now.

I just try install winXP on a PC....
Then Mama Mia WOWla
the installation stop in the middle,
the computer start on and off some light in side... like UFO
I think I saw little bit steam - like from pressure pot..
Next moment the the CDROM Open it self and the disk flew through the WINDOW .
The Fan Start Working 3 times faster - the PCBOX flew of the desk and start making Circles inside my room..
I tried to catch it with the mouse lead like cowboy.....but the pc Box did hole on the silling and land on my parents bedroom, my father grab it and scream to me:
Hey you.... I will throw this thing through the WINDOW.....
But father How can you throw Window through Window?

Just drop it back to me I will Install LINUX on it..

hi thanxs for your support on this forum.

i dont know about you guys but i am getting sick and tired of windows.

1: when i got windows xp service pack 1 for my pc it slowed down windows a hell of alot. why i do not know. the same thing happened with my friends pc's.

2: when i have been playing warcraft 3 and half-life it would just crash and belive it or not i would get a error saying "no error : error" NOW IF YOU ASK ME THATS PRETTY MESSED UP.

i am pretty loyal to microsoft. mainly its the only os that i have ever used. but times are changing and its things like the above mentioned that make me want change my os. thanks for your input on this.

DEATH-INCARNATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom