Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzvii

Baseband Member
About a week ago my mobo fried and was smoking, so I got a new one. Today I put it in, and now the computer won't turn on. I turn on the PSU's power, and the switch lights up. (No fan turns on in the PSU, is one supposed to?) I hit the power switch in the front of my case, nothing. No lights, no noise, no nothing.

I'm thinking that my PSU is dead, but I want some imput before I send it back for a replacement.

Thanks.

mb dead may affect the processor too, if computer wont boot, there is no reason for psu fan to be on.

I'm thinkin' the PSU is messed up. Try the PSU in another computer if you can.

or you can hotwire the psu to see if it works =D

How would I do that? Switching it into another computer seems like kinda alot of work, but I will if needed.

To the person who said cpu might be dead, I can switch one in from another computer after I try the PSU.

on the 20/24 pin connector, use a paperclip and wire the green to a black wire. add a load like a cd drive. turn on the psu to see if drive turns on

on the 20/24 pin connector, use a paperclip and wire the green to a black wire. add a load like a cd drive. turn on the psu to see if drive turns on

The 20/24 pin connecter is the big one that goes in the mobo, right?

Yeh.. I'm not that good at this stuff. Could someone please explain this in a noob friendly way. Or I could just look on google. :p

Can I just leave the cd drive, hdd and such plugged into the psu? or do I need to unplug them?

as stated above, add a load. leave the cd pluged in, dont plug i hdd by itself, werid things might happen afterwords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom