Resolution stuck in 1024x768 after install Radeon drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
My laptop has a Radeon 9700 (Mobility). It is running Windows Vista X64 Ultimate. After I install ATI's drivers, my resolution cannot be changed from 1024x768 to 1280x800. This happened on Windows XP also so it is NOT a Vista/x64 issue.

With the default Windows drivers, my resolution would set to 1280x800. After installing the newest ATI drivers, it will not allow me to set above 1024x768.

What can I do to force my laptop to run 1280x800? Thanks!

have you downloaded the ATI Catalyst control center, and tried changing the Resolution in their ?. If that doesnt work. Keep rolling back the drivers in control panel, then install the latest one and try agen. If not then i dont know.

have you downloaded the ATI Catalyst control center, and tried changing the Resolution in their ?. If that doesnt work. Keep rolling back the drivers in control panel, then install the latest one and try agen. If not then i dont know.

That would of course work, but then I'll get unbearable lag in games. My laptop was purchased for gaming.

have you tried nircmd? It is a FREEWARE program which adds more commands in the command prompt and has also functions of changing the resolution. To download it seek in a search machine that name and you will surely find it with THE MANUAl, so there won't be any problem in setting the command. I didn't put the link here for apparent reasons (advertising).

nircmd setdisplay 1280 800 32 doesn't do anything
I don't know what values to edit in registery.

To edit in the registry, first back it up and save to your desktop or something by clicking start, run, and type regedit in the box and hit enter. Click file, export and save to your desktop named whatever you want. Then open HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG/SYSTEM/CURRENTCONTROLSET/VIDEO. There should be a couple entries there open them and look for default x resolution and default y resolution. Set these to what you want in both places if needed. then close regedit and restart your computer. If by some chance something craps out, you have the backup to go back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom