HDD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razdom

Beta member
Hey i was hoping someone here would be able to help me. Im not brilliant with comuters but i know a fair amount.

Im running a 3.2Ghz Packard bell computer, which came originally with Windows XP Media edition, but after about a two years i was unfortunate enough to get what is apparently known as the blue screen of death.

I reformatted my computer with windows XP SP2. Everything was fine, i had to re-install my sound and video drivers but now thats all sorted. But one thing is wrong. The computer contains 2 HDDS with 180gb on each, after re-formatiing the slave has dissappeared. I cannot access it whatsoever. I have checked inside the computer and everything is connected fine. Any help would be appreiciated.

Thanks.

Also, just something else you might be able to help me with, i have an ATI 9550 graphics card, although i downloaded the ATI catalyst centre, after playing any game for about ten minutes it begins to flicker and then the program closes and i get an error message saying buffer full. I have no idea what to do about this fault, the computer was able to run all these games fine before being reformatted. (Games such as battlefeild 2, HL2, CS:Source and Fifa 07. Error happens even when video settings on there lowest quality.)

Thanks again.

When you are booting the computer, does it show both drives as it is POSTing?
What about in BIOS?

As far as the video card, are you sure you got the correct version of the CCC Suite? It shows that both Widows XP & MCE will use 7.3 (newest) for the 9550.

also...not to assume too much. Did it originally come with 2 physical harddrives? I am just wondering if it was 1 big one that was split in 2 partitions...and when you redid it, it became 1 again...

just to cover that base..

No, it is deffenitly two physical drives, They both show up on the BIOS but not in my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom