Editing a PC game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
If I were to take the game starcraft and make an iso image of it on my computer, and then take the file that actually starts the game and edit the path so that it doesn't point to the disk drive anymore... where would I find such a file to do this?

If you want to play your games purchased (or not) without having to open the cd, just download a no cd/dvd patch. I believe it's LEGAL if you have purchased the pc-game, if not, it's another story.

I tried mounting the image before I posted my question but it didn't work... the game is StarCraft. I think a file points to the disk itself to load up.

Go to somewhere like Gamecopyworld.com (like TheEnd said) and find the right version that you have. It usually tells what version you have on the disc/package somewhere, or else on the title screen in one of the corners. If not, navigate to the game's directory, and then hover over the exe file, and see if a version number comes up in the hover text. Then just go to gamecopyworld.com and search for "Starcraft" and then look for your game's version of a No-CD/DVD patch =). Done it numerous times with all of my PC games, because I don't like to have to put in a disc all the time xD.

I believe it's LEGAL if you have purchased the pc-game, if not, it's another story.
Yes, its perfectly legal if you own the original game and want to patch it. No worse than installing a game mod to it (because essentially, that's what it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom