Good enough for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the x2 3800, yeh im likely to overclock with the arctic freezer. The X2 4600 is £80, but if im gonna hit nearly 3ghz with the 3800 then i'll happily just stay cheaper :)

Iv found sellers for all the products, ebuyer for the CPU £68, scan for the PSU £47, but cant find any sellers for the Biostar Tforce550 :confused:

get the X2 3600 if you can and whatever you do make sure your X2 is a BRISBANE which means it was made on a 65nm fabrication. Those are the ones that will OC nicely.

ok found a brisbane 1, it comes out slightly cheaper aswell but less shops stock it so cant use my usual trustworthy one

The Brisbane is what you are going to want though so go with it. Much better than the Windsors as they run hotter than the Brisbanes.

my local pc shop says the 3600 isnt being sold anymore so should I just go for the 3800?

And theres 2 models of it, a dual core with L2 cache, or a single i think with L2 1mb 2x512kb

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Which is the better to go for and easiest to overclock or overclocks more

EDIT: Iv just found out that looking at the specs there both exactly the same processor :confused: must be a mistake on the website so if someone can give me the thumbs up on going for the 3800 instead of the 3600 then ill go for it

If you can afford the 3800, and can't find a 3600, then go for it...

The X2 designation in the name means that it is dual core. The single core would just be AMD Atholon 64 3600+. I have a 3500+ (single core) in my gaming rig listed in my sig, and it plays all the games you menioned at highest spec, 1280x1024 res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom