Fresh windows install = 5min bootup time?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbagumper6

Solid State Member
Ok so I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows. With absolutely no programs on it yet, it takes like 5 minutes to bootup. WTF. My second hard drive takes about 20 seconds with the EXACT same version of windows....any advice?

Sounds like your primary hard drive could be on its way out. Sounds like the read times are getting slower which is one of hte signs that the hard drive is giving in to wear and tear.

:( I get the same problem, it stays on the windows xp loading screen for quite some time, not crashed just loading for ages

I think iv only had the drive for about a year :confused: any chance it could be because its short on power? as its only started happening since I put in my DVD-RW

Yeah, try putting in your Windows Systems disk and using the repair option, that could really help you out.

It is most likely a driver hanging up the system..when it stays on the xp logo it is loading drivers in the backgroud..my advice? download a MS utility called "bootvis" and run a trace on the boot up process to see which driver is causing the delay.

or you can also see which driver is pausing by running your boot.ini file with the /SOS switch via the msconfig/boot.ini utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom