firewire info for my new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoAlpha

Solid State Member
configuring new computer, and the motherboard comes with a firewire port, but it also offers the option of a separate firewire card. Do I need it? And will they install the card themselves or is it one of those annoying things you have to stick on the back of the CPU?

While i'm asking, the Motherboard also comes with LAN 1x 10/100 or something like that. Once again they also offer a separate wireless network adaptor. Isn't LAN ethernet? And if it isn't, what is it? And in that case, do I need an adaptor for ethernet?

LeoAlpha said:
configuring new computer, and the motherboard comes with a firewire port, but it also offers the option of a separate firewire card. Do I need it? And will they install the card themselves or is it one of those annoying things you have to stick on the back of the CPU?

While i'm asking, the Motherboard also comes with LAN 1x 10/100 or something like that. Once again they also offer a separate wireless network adaptor. Isn't LAN ethernet? And if it isn't, what is it? And in that case, do I need an adaptor for ethernet?

LAN=Local Area Network
WAN=Wide Area Network
Both are types of networks...

Ethernet is the technology that links the nodes on those networks. Ethernet is a layer one technology, it is physical. A NIC will be needed to interface the computer and the Ethernet.

I don't know how many firewire devices you will be using, but yes as an expansion card, it will be accessible from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom