i need help with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow eyez

Beta member
when i am on the internet it will shutoff by itself then i have to log on again, i dont get it. can someone help

What do you mean when you say you are on the Internet? Are you using the web browser just surfing the net? Are you gaming? or doing multiple things that require Internet access? Your problem can be extremely difficult to pin point because it can be software related, driver related or even hardware related.

dialup or broadband...I am dialup...I have 4 computers....2 old ones have really really crappy "soft" modems. They disconnect me allllll the time. I have to get the perfect init strings maybe for those things? lol

if dialup and disconnects...it might be line quality...that can sometimes be fixed with the right modem init string for your modem....if broadband, I don't know :p

Indeed, it might be a virus installed from Active X control if you use internet explorer, it may be a multi-virus which is also used as spyware! Have you installed ant-virus/anti-spyware program?

A major factor of those results is the establishment of virtual drives which occupy the resister and make problems such as shutdown, restart or whatever. Subsequently you should uninstall those programs.

If nothing happens make the easiest choice, FORMAT your hard disc.

Mike from Greece, 14.

The 2 most promanent exsamples of of internet issues I have seen, are

1. Bad ISP.

2. setings.

Settings can result in no conection, a virus which affects that will do the same, firwall or virus programs can block ports(ways that data accesses your computer), which is the same; The easiest step is to lower your security settings, that inclues any firewalls and virus software, peerguardian is a good exsample, as it is set to block HTTP sites by default. I never did like the idea of a reformat, if you suspect a virus, post all details, (programs shuting down, crashing, computer rebooting, mouse pointer going insane, explorer going insane, cpu maxing out, extra processes starting up on the spur, settigs changed, anything obvious).

There is one more possibility. ur copy of xp might not be genuine and once u have accessed the internet this file residing with ur windows copy 'lsass.exe' will shut ur system.

Try to buy a genuine copy r key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom