Getting a soundcard, X-Fi still best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[SF]MKM

In Runtime
I havn't been updated in the hardware for this year so I'm wondering what the best soundcards for gaming out there are and if there is any that are about to come as I'm not building my gamer rig until crysis gets released anyway. Reason for me getting the soundcard now is that the integrated sound on my mobo has been screwing up my voice communication so by getting a sound card I might be able to sort it.

I've been thinking of either getting a X-Fi extremegamer or a X-Fi fatal1ty series extremegamer, is the fatal1ty one worth the 64mb X-ram or am i just paying those 40$ to Fatal1ty for putting his name on it?

The X-ram isn't worth it.. It only even effects a couple of games and even then, it makes like a 1-2 fps difference. X-Fi's are still the best for gaming but not for music and other stuff.

I would get the extremegamer if you want an X-fi as fluffles stated the X-Ram isn't worth the extra cash...it's like you said 40 bucks for putting his name on it.

There are quite a few cards better for audio right now and the Razer is is just as good in gaming but more expensive as well.

I just recently bought the X-FI Xtreme gamer and a nice set of headphones, audio-technica ATH A700, and the pair sound awsome for gaming...i'm really happy with this set-up.

built in audio is best...lol :D
of course only applies to the high end quality mobos...
there are other brands of stand alone audio cards out there...

shop around, a few different non creatives you can have for the same or better quality, half to 25% the price.

i hope you were joking to the max as even the best boards like the Asus Striker have crappy onboard compared to an Audigy SE even...

Also for gaming creative cards are the way to go as they offer EAX 5.0 while other non gaming cards (except the Razer) are only up to 2.0

granted you can get better as just as good sound for quite a lot less though.

anything, and i mean anything is better than onboard audio. i would recommend a audigy 2 zs platnium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom