RAM Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think it's worth it. I would be surprised if you get any better cooling at all since yours already have heat spreaders. Waste of time and $10 in my opinion.

Like the others said....it's not worth it. I don't think RAM gets that hot, compared to the CPU and GPU. As long as you have adequate cooling, in your case, you're fine.

you already have heat spreaders you dont need other ones, because they will not be any better.

YEP.....you wont really need any sort of ram cooling. The only use i see for ram cooling is in rackmount servers that use up to 8 GB of ram and are packed into a tight space.

only reason i wanted to get memory cooling was because my memory felt a bit warmer than other peoples memory. im using 4x512MB DDR400 so it generates more heat than people using 2x1GB. i also got my opty to 2.4ghz. i think my ram is holding me back. Im going to losen all the timings to 5-5-5-15 and decrease the speed to the lowest and see how far i can take my opty.

well 4 modules would cost like 45-50 bucks to cool any better as you would need a little fan cooler for each one for it to help any at all.

Also yes 4x512 is slower than 2x1gb in AMD's becuase of HTT. Still the heat shouldn't be much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom