Please help me : Computer not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jainischalverma

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a very weird issue over the past months.

One of my Desktop computer sometimes fails to startup. It gives a very low sounding quick sequence of beeps and thats it. Lights go on but there is no display on the Monitor.

Now, what I have tried :- I tried taking out all cards and putting them back on MOBO one by one. When I take out the Graphics card (6800GT) and put it back on the motherboard, and then restart, the computer DOES start.

But after sometime/few uses, when I start it up after few days, it will not start again. Is the Graphics card causing some short circuit ?? Or has the motherboard gone bad... Please help before I take my PC to some hardware guy.. Maybe I can fix it myself using all you wonderful people's help.

I also want to add : My motherboard has a AGP slot and this grafix card is AGP. Could it also be possible that AGP slot is dying ? And if yes, can that be replaced without replacing the mobo.

most times people often do not provide enough info so it's a crapshoot not worth a response ;)

I will take a shot and ask if you have overclocked...
If so or not sure...set things back to default.
There is a chance your gpu is causing excessive heat...therefore, failures. Check that by using one of the many temp apps available...
AND...do a simple visual inspection of the internals with the computer powered on...ie., case off and see if all fans seem to work normally.
Sometimes gpu fans can start to fail even when the gpu is fine...but of course...too much heat is not good for it and it too would soon die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom