My plaaaaaaaan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
I have until SEPTEMBER to upgrade my computer. By September, I will be off to college, and have no money to upgrade 'til basically my education ends, as I will be up past my head in debt.

So, I have to plan this well. And I will have very little money to do so...

So far my specs are:

Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2GHz stock
Gigabyte GA-K8U 939
ATI Radeon 9600XT
1 GB OCZ High Performance DDR600 @ DDR400, 2-2-2-5
120GB Samsung IDE
Antec SmartPower 400W
Very, very flimsy Codegen Case

Basically, my plan is to upgrade my motherboard first, to a DFI Lanparty NF4. This way, I can overclock my CPU to about 3 GHZ (I could overclock it to 2.8Ghz on my GIGABYTE. And this is really not an overclocking board, mind you). Also, I could actually get the 600MHz potential out of this RAM. During this period, I'd probably be using an old PCI video card, 'til I get enough money to get a PCI-E video card, possibly an X800XT or 7600GT. And finally, I'd get a decent case, probably a Sonata II. All this might cost me, AT MOST 250. I'm buying second-hand if the chance comes along.

My finalized specs would then be:
Athlon 64 3500+ @ ~3 GHz
DFI Lanparty NF-4
1GB OCZ High Performance DDR600 @ ~ 600MHz, ~ 2.5-4-4-10
Radeon X800XT / GeForce 7600GT
120GB Samsung IDE
450W Antec Smartpower (Comes with the Sonata)
Antec Sonata II

Eventually, possibly after college, I'd sell this and get a barebones kit (or a non-proprietary pre-built), and start all over from there =)

Can anyone think of any better way to do this? I'm obsessed with planning things, (OCD, yeah!) so you don't have to remind me I'm overdoing it. :rolleyes:

I hate planning things...i just buy on impulse and put stuff togther and make it work....so i wish i could help you. But, that plan sounds fairly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom