Time for a new build I believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Hey, recently decided to start a new build. Already got the case, but thats about it... Oh and monitor, keyboard blah blah blah. Anyways, so far I've got the list below as potential "parts". If anyone could perhaps advise me on any known compatability errors or whether I could go one better somewhere without having to spend too much money (the less the better) that'd be great. So far we have:

CPU: C2D E6320 £115.15 (when did they add extra cache out of interest?)

GFX card: 640MB Leadtek 8800GTS £245.58 (non negotiable :p (unless you can fit a GTX into an £800 budget, pff, yeah right))

RAM: 2X1Gb Corsair Value Select PC5300 £81.08 (not entirely sure on this one, "value select" makes me a bit cautious)

Mobo: Asus P5NSLI £70.49 (really didn't research the mobo that well this time, but this is one that popped up a few times i've asked before)

And so that comes to... *taps forehead* £512.30 from one particular site. But that can be negotiated later by shopping around and all that

So I still need a couple of SATA hard drives and a psu. Oh and a fan. If anyone could recommend any decent one's that'd be great. I'm not looking for a huuuge amount of HDD space so they don't have to be something stupid like 500gb each, I'd never be able to fill that :p But I want two to put them into RAID , or maybe 3 yet, I don't really know how it all works.

And finally, my absolute TOP price is £800 (obviously a few quid over isn't going to bother me) but as much under that as possible would be good.

Thanks for reading!

Also, I could spend a little more on better quality ram and only get a single 1gb stick now and a second another time if anybody can reccomend something better.

why not an evga for the videocard? you get the 90 day step up program.

The evga cards are like another £45 for the one i'd be most tempted to buy. Although they really are a lot better spec wise aren't they... Hmm, well I suppose if I was to only buy a single ram stick for now and even a single HDD I could spend more on the card. Thanks for the advice.

What about the mobo and the psu? I'm not sure if i've found a good mobo or not, it's just one i remember getting some ok comments. And as far as psu goes I guess i'm looking at about 500w min????

Oh yeah, and what do people think on the processor?

Thanks

Don't spend 45 pounds for an EVGA version of the same card alone. I LOVE EVGA but Leadtek make fine cards. I would have 2Gb as it's the standard. The PSU would be fine if it is a good brand name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom