Watercooling Questions - Still Hesitant To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
Well, I want to buy another GTS in the summer for my system, and maybe embark upon my first overclock, and I wanter watercooling to keep everything cool and QUIET, but I am still confused about a great many things.

I have the Thermaltake Armor Jr. Case, (Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Jr) and I want to buy a system that fits perfectly in that case, and I would prefer if there were no massive out-of-case reservoirs or anything. Thusly, I was looking at Thermaltakes Big Water cooling system, but it has nothing for videocards, the tubing is a bad color, and I have heard that the liquid is crap.

I want clear tubing and UV reactant non-conductive liquid, 2 8800GTS waterblocks, 1 socket 775 waterblock, and maybe a memory waterblock (is that overkill?). I have looked at Danger Den's equipment, but never really heard too much about them:
Danger Den

Also, memory watercoolers:
Thermaltake Aqua RX Serices-R1 Memory Liquid Cooling Heatsink CL-W0102: CrazyPC Computers
-or-
RAM-30-V06 (Dual DDR/DDR2/SD) [6mm, 1/4"] - Liquid cooling kits, water cooling cpu, computer parts

And then, the BigWater kit:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Big Water SE 120mm Liquid Cooling System - Retail

Suggestions/comments please.

Dont get anything thermaltake....thats for sure.....

Danger den is one of the best trusted watercooling manufacturers around. I personally will be replacing my swiftech(also a great WC manufacturer) with a dandgerden loop this summer.

First you do not need the memory or chipset cooler.

For your purposes i would suggest this loop from dangerden-
CPU Style: Intel 775 / Conroe
CPU Water Block: Danger Den TDX
Top Style: Lucite - Clear
Video Card Water Block: Acetal SLI MAZE5 GPU for ATI/Nvidia Series Crossfire Kit (4-hole mount)
Chipset Water Block: None
Fitting Size: 3/8 OD High Flow Fitting for 3/8 ID Tubing
Radiator: Black Ice Xtreme II - Black
Fans: 2x Papst 120mm Fan
Pumps: Eheim 1250 with 3/8 Adaptors
Tubing: 10 Feet of Clearflex
Reservoir: Danger Den HDPE Reservoir
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver V
Water Additives: MCT-5 Non-Conductive Fluid
Danger Den Fillport: None
Fillport Reservoir: None
Misc: 12 Hose Clamps

total= 400$

BTW dual GPU watercooling is expensive and you would have to get these water blocks for the 8800- Danger Den :: Water Blocks :: Nvidia and ATI GPU and Ram Water Blocks :: DD - 8800 GTX

I own your case i know what you are talking about however if your cooling more then your CPU you need to get more then a single 120mm rad. Your 8800GTS will produce alot i mean A LOT of heat and a single rad will not cut it.

Those ThermalTake Water Cooling systems are Crap. There has been alot of problems with the blocks cracking and the pump dieing. I wouldn't use it at all. However i would advise you to look more into water cooling. We can list you what parts to get however you need to read up on it more.

Also Petra's tech shop (Petra's Tech Shop) is an awesome place to buy your parts also. There customer service is 1st on there list. each package comes with a hand written note!

If you planning on cooling all of that i would get a PA120.3 Rad (3x 120mm fan rad).

not only would it be unnecessary to get blocks for your memory and chipset but it would be detrimental to the rest of your system. adding more heat to a loop that has 2x8800GTSs and a cpu would not be a good thing, not to mention having that many components in the loop would lower the water pressure and reduce overall cooling. like shulz said you should be looking at a triple 120mm rad.

Wow... first of all, there is no way in a blue moon your fitting a complete dual gpu and a cpu loop in the armor jr.

So, my recommendations, water cool your cpu using
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Throw on another 5 ft of 1/2 tubing
8 worm drive clamps
t fitting
and some coolant additive

Then, for your 8800's use two of these
Thermalright HR-03 Plus All Aluminum VGA Cooler w/ Heatpipes for nVidia 8800
Zalman ZM-F2 92x25mm Adjustable Case Fan 38/53CFM 20/36dBA

This way youll get excellent tempurature performance with your cpu, while keeping the very hot 8800's away from it, and maintaining good performance of those.

I will fit watercooling in my PC. I originally did not want an external solution, but the triple-fan radiator Exos by Koolance is what I think that I am going to use. It is the one that the person in the link I posted to SLIzone is using, and he has 2 8800GTX's, so it should work for me fine.

Wow... first of all, there is no way in a blue moon your fitting a complete dual gpu and a cpu loop in the armor jr.

So, my recommendations, water cool your cpu using
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop
Throw on another 5 ft of 1/2 tubing
8 worm drive clamps
t fitting
and some coolant additive

Then, for your 8800's use two of these
Thermalright HR-03 Plus All Aluminum VGA Cooler w/ Heatpipes for nVidia 8800
Zalman ZM-F2 92x25mm Adjustable Case Fan 38/53CFM 20/36dBA

This way youll get excellent tempurature performance with your cpu, while keeping the very hot 8800's away from it, and maintaining good performance of those.

This is the most logical, space saving, cost efficient, performance efficient setup. But dont listen to aspire...he doesnt know anything about water cooling...lol...hes only the watercooling guru ;)

i own the thermaltake jr and it is small you can't fit a lot of stuff in the case unless you end up moding it. i made a box to hold my pump and rad. which allows me much more space for all the waterblocks i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom