Sound cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
I have an MSI P6N 650i Motherboard and it comes with "Onboard Realtek 7.1 Hi-Def Audio" built right into it. Should I stick with this 7.1 or go buy an Audigy sound card or something?

I cant figure out if onboard audio is of lesser quality than Sound cards.

Alot of the new motherboards now, have good enough onboard sound. That is unless you're an audiophile and picky about sound.

You won't really be able to notice a difference unless you buy an expensive card. And even then it's probably not worth it unless you do recording or like to listen to classical music and if it's not entirely perfect you go into a rampage saying it's not good enough. The surround on most boards is decent or better.

I would try the onboard sound 1st for sure.

If you really don't like it....then get a soundcard.

I agree, some onboard sound is pretty awsome.

I noticed a big difference in sound quality between my onboard and sound card, especially in music...but i'm pickey...

newage onboard audio rocks....good without the unneccessary "gotta have but don't gotta need" marketing

.....here our mouse clicks in expansive 10.1 surround....with reverb..and low frequency enhancement....lol
:D

newage onboard audio SUCKS compared to an Audigy SE. I got a new motherboard 3 months ago thinking it would be good but my little 30 dollar Audigy SE kills it.

Please don't go telling people that onboard audio is all you need becuase if you like partially good sound it isn't. Not to mention there is no EAX support at all.

Thats quite an expensive sound card though. Im saying a 22 buck(USD) Chaintech AV-710 destroys onboard audio...

The Audigy SE also is much better and for 30 bucks it supports EAX 4.0 by software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom