usb not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you take the computer apart? have you checked the wiring? try removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes. then set the bios to its defaults.

Didn't try to take the CMOS battery, but i guess it'd be the same as setting the BIOS to its defaults, wouldn't it?

Didn't try to take the CMOS battery, but i guess it'd be the same as setting the BIOS to its defaults, wouldn't it?

not neccesary. If I couldn't Figure out something, I would try new ideas instead of challenging the people trying to help me

i'm very sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude... i just lost my patience... i was just trying a lot of things that didn't work for me for like 2 days straight... really sorry again...

i'm very sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude... i just lost my patience... i was just trying a lot of things that didn't work for me for like 2 days straight... really sorry again...

no problem. I had wierd thing happen to my computer. I could not boot from my cd once. clear the cmos would not work. taking the cord and battery out and holding the power buttons for a few seconds did work. I would try it. you haven't anything to lose. maybe your usb wires are crossed on the inside.

a pci card would also work.

yeah, i was thinking of checking out some PCI cards tomorrow morning. Though it'd be cooler if the current USB ports would start working when i`ll try the CMOS thing with the power buttons :D that's really weird though :D by the way, what cord were you talking about?

Eric, you are my saviour! I did what you told me to, and now everything's working! Thanks a million :D

usb worked fine before the crash? download siw from gtopala....see if it sees your usb thingies

then you can see who you may need to look for to obtain the "correct" usb drivers, *.infs...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom