The endless battle.... ATI vs. Geforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

V1|2u5

Baseband Member
I have pretty cool comp. right now, and i was planning on getting another to have dual comps (sounds cool i know) :) anywayz in my present comp. i got a ATI 9600 128 mb.. ad it runs sweet on my games.. e.g. Far Cry, CS, BF 1942, C&C Generals, and many many more. but in the pc im trying to get i want to get something different. so far i got these two cards in line for competition

XFX GeForce FX 5700 LE Video Card / 256MB DDR / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI

or

XFX nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Video Card / 256MB DDR / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI

or

ATI Radeon 9800XT Video Card / 256MB DDR / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI

Ok oOo OK, i know you guys or ladies are thinking wtf is this guy smoking go for the ****ing ATI. I also would like to know the difference of the two Geforce cards. But the ATI is outrageously expensive and i work at T@C0 B3LL...(taco bell is l33t) so im not quite sure what to get. Thanks for helping :)

wait awhile and go for the x800xt platinum card.. that way you wont have to upgrade for a long time but if you need one now, go with the 9800xt or for all your computing needs go for the 9800 pro all in wonder. Can be easily overclocked to 9800xt speed's

Here's a card that can be overclocked to 9800xt speed's plus some with some cooling

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-290&depa=1

Edit and dont even need to overclock it you can flash the bios to 9800xt so all in all you would have a 9800xt for 9800 pro price

The GeForce 5700 is the mid-range card in the FX series from NVIDIA. The 5200 is the value-priced card. You get what you pay for. I currently also work at Taco Bell (although I am desperate to find a new job), so I know what thats like. Luckly, I got spoled for my graduation so thats where I am getting to money to build my rig. If you already got the ATI Radeon 9600, there is no need to get a GeForce FX 5200 or 5700 (5200 would be a dramatic downgrade). Continue to save your money and go for the ATI Radeon X800.

I've always used ATI and I don't even remember running into any problems worth concern. I've used 9800 se (okay) and am currently running a 9600 Pro and am about to purchase the 9800 xt for another pc i'm putting together. ATI is the way to go.

I have not had any problems with either cards. Both equally good. Isnt the nvidia 5950 supposed to be in the 9800 ati class? I could be wrong but I would say get the x800 when it comes out if your really into gaming.

Get Intel Extreme Graphics (motherboard intergrated) :D
I have an NVIDIA, and it works fine for me. no issues AT ALL.
so, i don't know. nvidia is a good and solid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom