Harddisk Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lackofcolor

Beta member
i've had this problem for about 2 months now and i can't figure out what's the problem. first i had two HD of 80 GB and suddenly problems started to appear, sometimes they are detected in CMOS and sometimes they're not, i thought at first that the HD are dying so i ran some HD tools and found out that indeed my HD are in bad shape. so i bought a new Sata 80 GB HD and my problems disappeared.

but a week ago i bought an ATA/IDE 320GB HD and the same problems have appeared again! it's a new drive, so the problems aren't from the old drives. so i can't figure out what's the problem? is it the Mobo that's having problems detecting IDE devices?

once they are detected, after 5 minutes of working, XP freezes.

Please help me, Thanks.

I had a problem with a new Maxtor SATA/IDE 320Gb HDD, and it had to be returned to the shop, as it failed after a couple of days, after I had moved my music collection onto it!! There were no error messages as it failed to be detected. The quality now-a-days seems to be terrible.
Are there no other error messages, yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? What do you mean by "bad shape"??
Unfortunately, your not providing us with much info!

by bad shape i mean that they weren't stable, i don't remember what program i've used but it said that i should backup because the HD aren't 100% healthy.

i've tried the new hard disk on another PC it worked fine.

and no there are no errors, and no yellow exclamation marks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom