usb not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkapone

Solid State Member
so after a file system crash, i've reinstalled windows xp sp2 and now my none of my usb ports work. I've tried various drivers, I've tried uninstalling the drivers, I've tried reinstalling windows again, I've tried downloading all of the available updates through "Windows Update", I've tried disabling/enabling usb support through BIOS. It seems that I've tried everything :( I am now seriously desperate and I need my usb to function, because I need my printer and other hardware... Any advice would be truly appreciatted. Thank you! By the way, my motherboard is DFI AD77 based on VIA KT400 chipset if it helps...

even when i finish installing windows xp with sp2, then the device manager doesn't show that these usb ports exist... something is seriously wrong here... does anybody have ANY idea what is up with that? :/

You probably have lost usb on that MB.
If you can get your hands on one, replace it
(this happened to me as well, just about 2 months ago)

maybe i need a PCI USB-Adapter? but then again, if that doesn't work, then it'd be a shame...

i've already said that i've tried disabling them and enabling them again in the BIOS. That didn't help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom