Hooking my computer to my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuggs

Beta member
Hi there, I'm new here but I was wondering if anyone could help me with a bit of a problem I have. I've been wanting to connect my computer to my TV for entertainment purposes.

I have a 27" TruFlat RCA TV (model 27F522T) with an S-Video (4-pin) and Composite plugins as well as a normal RCA plugin. My video card is the ATI Radeon x1950 Pro with dual DVI-I and S-Video (7-pin) outs. I was wondering which cord I should get for optimum performance to connect my video card to my TV. Should I get an S-video to S-video or a DVI-I to composite? I'm lost on these this type of subject as I'm not hip the types of cords and which are better.

Also, a side question I've been wondering is; My video card can support 720p and 1080i I believe. If I turn those on, would my TV be able to support them due to my computer card generating the graphics? Or am I at a complete loss for that? And would introducing a DVD player as a medium be any help for connecting my computer to my TV? By increasing quality and performance?

All help to answering this post will be greatly appreciated as I would like to watch movies on a bigger screen. They go well with my Logitech Z-5500 speakers. :D

Also, a side question I've been wondering is; My video card can support 720p and 1080i I believe. If I turn those on, would my TV be able to support them due to my computer card generating the graphics? Or am I at a complete loss for that? And would introducing a DVD player as a medium be any help for connecting my computer to my TV? By increasing quality and performance

I believe that your TV has to be able to support those resolutions. If it doesn't... then you're outta luck for the higher resolutions. And if you hook it up through another device.. it loses quality actually. Because it has to travel through a connecter...through the DVD player.. and through the Out connector.

Ok guys, thanks for the opinion. I have one more question though. Where can I find a s-video (4-pin male) to a s-video (7-pin male)? I've tried finding one but I couldn't so far.us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom