New Computer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about this monitor... SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen

If a game does not support widescreen, is there a way to still play it without the image being stretched? If I understand correctly, just a lower resolution screen size will work, right?

Anything other then the native resolution will look like crap on an LCD. One thing you can do though is play it in a window so that you don't have to stretch it. You don't need to pay that much for your monitor though. Those cost like $350 or so? You can get one and barely if at all notice the difference for less then $300.

The only game that has EVER worked for me right at non-widescreen when it didn't support it was FEAR.

I play FEAR at 1024x968 and it still looks beautiful....for some odd reason.
This was good though as FEAR is demanind and I would have had to lower the eye candy of FEAR to even play it at good frames...and the eye candy is what makes it amazing.

New games all support WS but older games don't as I noticed with Doom 3, FEAR, and such.

I have a question about this monitor... SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen

If a game does not support widescreen, is there a way to still play it without the image being stretched? If I understand correctly, just a lower resolution screen size will work, right?

I have heard of software patches that allow widescreen on some games that dont support it never tried but might be worth looking in to

Thanks. Can always play them windowed if needed.

fluffles, sora... what monitors do you suggest thats just as big and good as the one im planning on getting?

fluffles, sora... what monitors do you suggest thats just as big and good as the one im planning on getting?

Also, do you know of a good, safe place to get the video card and win xp pro cheaper than newegg?

Im getting this video card... EVGA 640-P2-N827-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO HDCP (Item #: N82E16814130081)

Whats wrong with the 2ms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom