Stuck or Dead Pixel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentex

Baseband Member
I just recently bought a Samsung 226bw (S Panel) and I'm loving it. I've only had it for a few days and, for those days, there were no flaws.

However, last night I noticed what appears to be a stuck or dead pixel. What I'm trying to figure out is which one it is.

Here are the symptoms:

Red Screen: Doesn't appear
Green Screen: Appears Black
Blue Screen: Doesn't appear
White Screen: Appears Red
Black Screen: Sort of appears, whitish green
Yellow Screen: Appears red

I've run JScreenFix and UDPixel, but it hasn't done anything quite yet. I'm about to head to work and I'm going to leave it running for an hour or so. I've also tried the massage method without much success.

So, is it stuck or dead? And, either way, is there a way for me to get this things fixed? Thanks guys! (sorry if this subject has been beat to death)

I'm not disputing . . . But, I was always under the impression that a dead pixel didn't have color? As, being dead, none of the sub-pixels lights up creating a black spot. Yet, this one changes colors?

I've have 2 Samsung's 931BW and 206BW do the EXACT same thing. Samsung quality? I've loved them for years, but now I am starting to hate them. None of the methods helped me fix it either.

All this talk of samsungs with stuck pixels is odd. Everyone is always suggesting them as the best screens around. This is yet another reason i dont like to order lcd's off the internet, cant check them for dead pixels or return them easily.

They are good. But remember, because they are so popular we're going to see more problems. Most hardware has a 6% failure rate right from the factory, so the more of one thing you see out on the market the more you are going to see fail.

I didn't order mine off the Internet and stores will not take it unless they have their own 0 dead pixel return. Samsung itself, a long with most manufacturers will not take it back with less than 7 dead pixels. They WILL NOT take it or RMA it.

Best buy will take anything back within 14 days. Especially if its just an exchange. Thats why i bought my Acer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom