Widows Vista Experience Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
these numbers are the most pointless thing in vista, my pc has a "rating" of 3.6 and apparently it is "not very good" for gaming and running applications. Wtf i play bf2 and other quite demanding games fine.

i spose the only point of these numbers is to give new computer users an idea of what programs to buy.

Yeah this will be the way for people to buy games. Instead of reading on the back of gaming boxes like the min specs, That most people dont know it will just be a number.
So people with that number or higher they know their system can play the game.

It's a nice idea for people that don't know much about pc's.

Depends... Right now with my rig, I'm getting pretty low ratings.. Or at least I think so.

With my E6700 at 3.46 GHz I only get a 5.9 for CPU.

Time will only tell. SP1 will tell much more when it comes.

numbers aren't pointless...it is how you look at it of course.

The max number thus far is 5.9, which would suggest if you have 5.9 then you can operate Vista 100% as it was designed. If you can, then perhaps it would also mean you could run all current games and all DX10 games as they come out....regardless of how demanding.

Now, they may refine it later on if DX11 comes out...but so far it is 5.9. This is not a scale from 1-10...but 1.0 to 5.9? Decimal increments count :D

Your rating is slight past mid range, which seems logical for the score. Mine is 5.3 with an E6600 and 2 gb ram, 512mb 1800.

Get an Intel FX or Q cpu...and maybe a NAND drive and your are good to go at 5.9 and all 10x games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom