Need help with AMD CPU selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe your going to be restriced to a PD/p4 or s939 build or older. The new Am2's and c2d's require ddr2. You'll be looking at a little more than $120 for a mobo/cpu combo.

Well you can use this RAM.. You'll need a S939 Micro ATX mobo though. I don't know which ones are good but here's a list of all the ones that you can use (from Newegg): Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Couple that with a S939 X2 3800+.

Either that, or sell the RAM and get an AM2 system with a 3600 brisbane and decent RAM. $65(3600+) +$70(Biostar TForce550) + $130(G.Skill 2GB NQ DDR2-800). Plus, you'd actually be able to overclock it since you wouldn't be limited to MATX boards. Why didn't he just RMA it though?

I don't know why he didn't RMA, his not to bright with this stuff anymore. The guy got everything and notice the motherboard needed a 240pin instead of a 184pin. So the way he handles the problem is giving them to me. And have me to deal with it he always does this when it screws up on computer parts and have me deal with it and figure out how I can put all this stuff together.

I wont even know how to sell this RAM I don't wanna take the whole online bidding route. So they probably just sit here in the house collecting dust while I go off and buy new parts. Lol man this is fustrating stuff.

I guess I'll do the 2nd choice mrfluffles and leave out the selling of the Ram i have. And deal with buying a whole computer just will take me longer to get it all together now.

Ebay is actually a VERY safe place to sell things, paypal is great imo and they will keep you from getting ripped off
and stop *****ing about the ram, your brother gave it to you for FREE!!!
and considering you only have 120 for a cpu and mobo it hink he helped you out alot with this
just build an AMD skt939 build they arent bad they are jst outdated
my best friend still uses hisskt939 build and for games it works flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom