MEM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

montdj

In Runtime
Ok so i have to different sets of 2gb 1 is pc-6400 and the other is pc8500.
I dont have the money right now to buy anther 2gb pc-8500 kit. Both kits are xms2 buy corsair. I know that the speed will only be 800mhz but for now thats with it to be at 4gigs. My problems is that when windows boots up it allmost allways freezes. The one time i did get windows to boot it only reconized 2gb not the whole 4. I rebooted check the bios and it said 4 then i couldnt get back into windows. Is there something in vista that wont let me upgrade ram? Most of the time it goes to the blue screen and says physical memory dump and counts buy 5. I am running vista ultimate and the rest of my stats are below. Thank for reading this and i hope someone can help

I have the same problem but only with 1 gb. It's fine in safe mode but it'll do the physical dump as soon as I log into windows.

I don't know if this will work for you but I just uninstalled my video adapter in safe mode and then rebooted and reinstalled my adapter and everything is fine.

I got it to work. I had to put the pc-6400 in slot a1 and a2 and the pc-8500 in b1 and b2. What does windows care what slot mem is in. How stuipid. LOL atleast I got it going.

Thats good to hear... lol your not having much luck with parts are you.. lol.

Now that you got it up and running its time to get a monster 3d Mark score for your monster PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom