Opteron 144 vs Athlon64 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant believe you're going with the opty 144 over even the 3700+ san diego. you're RELYING on an excellent overclock just to be EQUAL to other processors

good luck with that 1.8ghz lol

over at overclock.net, people can OC the opteron 144 to 3ghz+ without even touching the vcore. while the 3700+ and 4000+ needs a vcore of 1.65v just to get to 3ghz.

over at overclock.net, people can OC the opteron 144 to 3ghz+ without even touching the vcore. while the 3700+ and 4000+ needs a vcore of 1.65v just to get to 3ghz.

i dont really buy that. i dont think (based on my experience) that there is an amd chip that can overclock almost 100% without ANY vcore increase.
thats just my opinion, based on the facts i see.
and it really doesnt matter what mobo or chip stepping you have, an amd is not going to like a super high fsb.
list for me the people that have an amd cpu running over about 310 (if theyre lucky) external clock...? without super-duper cooling or anything like that.
and show me the am2 mobo that LETS you go above 325ish or so. not so many.
dude people have trouble overclocking an opty 165 to 3ghz, and thats the best overclocker made by amd, suppposedly.
so...i say if you are going opty, get that one.

Yeah, I'll call you out on that sir, I've personally got my 4000+ sitting at 3.0GHz with 1.45Vcore.

my bad. he was using an opteron 148 not 144. but people can reach 2.7-2.8ghz without touching the vcore on an opteron 144

i already got the opteron 144. its a CACJE 0546. i haven't OCed yet but from what i researched, the CACJE 0546 can hit 2.7-2.8ghz without increasing the vcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom