USB Malfunctioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashmoney805

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I tried hooking up my digital camera to my laptop the other day and it says that the USB is not recognized and has malfunctioned. I downloaded the latest drivers from Sony's website, installed them, reinstalled the USB drivers and everything and it still doesn't work. I lost the original CD that came with the camera.. would that matter? Wouldn't the CD only have the drivers that I downloaded? Yes it has software, but that doesn't matter really. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks a lot.

Are you sure you installed the right driver? That once said it to me, but later installed the driver from my cd and it worked..

I installed the driver from Sony's website. I'm thinkin service pack 2 may have had something to do with it. I'll look for the CD that came with the camera though.

Same thing wrong with my brothers Gateway laptop- using Gateway drivers. Keyboard and mouse work great on USB. Anything big like a camera or mp3 player and it kicks the bucket. Says it's not recognized or has malfunctioned. Could be USB 2.0 related, not sure...

We even tried a PCMCIA usb 2.0 card- still didn't work. He's using XP Home SP2 as well.

My father had a similar issue on his dell desktop with a usb printer... he had a 12 foot coard... he went out and bought a shorter coard and for some reason it worked... thats what dell tech support told him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom