cheap way to get the computer moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok I help my mom and all the people in her office with there computers, cause they know nothing about them, and one of the computers is a Dell with Intel P4 2.5GHz with 256MB of ram and it is the slowest computer in the office but it dosn't have much on it. What are somethings I could try to get it moving again? Start up is a killer probably 5-10 min and then it is very sluggish once it is on and running. Any ideas would be helpful thanks

ok I help my mom and all the people in her office with there computers, cause they know nothing about them, and one of the computers is a Dell with Intel P4 2.5GHz with 256MB of ram and it is the slowest computer in the office but it dosn't have much on it. What are somethings I could try to get it moving again? Start up is a killer probably 5-10 min and then it is very sluggish once it is on and running. Any ideas would be helpful thanks

Run:
ccleaner
spybot search and destroy
adaware

All are free and will make quite a bit of difference in your performance.

Pat

The version I linked to is the free one. I use the pro version, and it rocks. Never used Diskeeper, though.

sorry to go against the flow but... i think that saltynay had it there. if a machine is taking 5-10 minutes to boot then i know i wouldnt want to be the one to run all those programs on it.
i would simply reformat a machine in that kind of state altough maintenance is very important (i would use those sorts of programs for maintenance as well as msconfig whenever i install a new program as well as for regular maintenance)

P.S. i am well aware that i said the word "maintenance" at least three times in one paragraph lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom