Intel's, April 22nd Price cut chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that would be the other way around. A lot of people think AMD sucks now becuase the Core 2 Duo are the best CPU's you can buy right now.

jesus christ...nobody's saying that intel sucks, man.
we're talking about price cuts and what that does to price/performance ratio.
LOOK:
i can type
INTEL
and
AMD
in the same post without saying one sucks. amazing, i know.

Ok, I have to say that I really haven't followed Intel benchmarks since the release of C2D, because it makes me want to cry.... lol.... But, can anyone tell me what the differences are here, besides the wattage ratings?

QX6700 consumes 130 watts
Q6700 consumes 105 watts

The difference there is that one is the extreme version, which has the unlocked multiplier.

No, both have the same multipliers

hrmmm...
well the price of an x2 3600 is ALREADY only 65.00, and there is no doubt whatsoever that it can perform on par with an e2160.

E2160 performs on par with E4300

E4300 outperforms X2 3800+. So, I assume that E2160 will perform on par or better than X2 3800+, but there is no doubt that it will outperform X2 3600+

only processors that suck now are VIA processors

but I'm glad Intel and AMD continue to fight we are the champions in the end with great deals!!

SO it'll be a role reversal then? Where amd's were cheaper last year, but not as good as C2D's, and now it'll be opposite? Thats funny. IM looking at getting a new CPU late this year, and my buy depends on pricing mostly. Are some of the newer intel cpu's going to work fine on the C2D 775 motherboards? Cause if i have to by a new motherboard either way, ill probably go amd, but if i can use this motherboard, ill probably go intel.

E4300 outperforms X2 3800+. So, I assume that E2160 will perform on par or better than X2 3800+, but there is no doubt that it will outperform X2 3600+

i have doubts that it will. maybe in superpi, mheh, but not that likely in everything else.
we'll just have to see the benches, i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom