Best place online to buy a high end custom computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
I was curious if anyone has ordered a custom built computer online and was really happy with the build quality options offered etc. I noticed
AVA Direct but, wondered if another places I should look into?

Thanks

There aren't too many places that will offer you a high end computer and still give you all quality parts. Ibuypower and Cyberpowerpc are ok but a few parts such as the power supply and mobo choices are horrible.

Alienware gives all quality parts but it is VERY expensive.

I highly suggest building your own as the majority of people on these forums do becuase it's the only way to ensure you are getting the best parts and not some year old PSU model that custom sites would give.

Exactly another option is to pick all the parts out (with our help of coarse) and if you are scared to do it just have someone at the shop put it together.

This would ensure all quality parts but cost less than a site like Alienware

I have gone that route buying all the parts at NewEgg and finding a local place to put it together. The 3 I have tried look at my rig and go wow I never have seen a computer like this before.

Here are the specs of it

Lian LI PC75B ATX Case
Antec Truepower 550 Watt PS
MSI Neo 2 865 PE
P4 3.4 Northwood CPU
2 GB Corsair 3200 ram
Nvidia Geforce 4 6800 ultra AGP
Sata 150 74 gig Boot
Sata 150 200 gig Hot Swap HD
Sata 150 200 gig Hot Swap HD
Audigy 2 Platinum zs
Plextor Sata DVD RW
Canopus Storm 2 video editing board
Win XP SP 2

I had the guy replace motherboard and Ram. Hooked sata drives to MB and booted it up nothing he could not figure out how to get HD's to work off mb.
He ended up using a Sata controller and got boot and rem HD's to work but, the two rem drives no longer show. It took him 20 minutes to figure out why computer was humming he did not put enough juice for my video card. These guys around here have no exp with computers like mine. How can I expect anyone to build a newer similar computer now.

You can always build it yourself if you don't trust others.. It's not hard and you'll gain a lot of experience/knowledge. All it is is putting all the parts together, connecting the wires and installing windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom