Lockup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemandave

Baseband Member
Alright, I've about had it with my system. I've replaced everything short of the motherboard and processor, and I'm still getting CTDs during games and random lockups while using my applications, including firefox.

I'm running an MSI 865PE Neo2-FISR motherboard, Intel Celeron 3.06GHz 533FSB, DDR400 Corsair XMS (current timing by SPD 3-7-7-8). MSI says that on a 533FSB that the board doesn't support DDR 400. Could this be causing my lockups and CTDs? I'd like to know before I go spend the cash on a new board, processor and video card. If I can solve the issue by upgrading to an 800MHz FSB processor, I'm going to just do it. If not, I have an nVidia GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP video card and an Intel Celeron 3.06GHz processor for sale. LOL

EDIT: My head is swimming in computer code right now, so I can't remember if it would cause an issue like that. I know SDRAM will slow down, but I'm not positive about DDR.

Too newbish? No one has any ideas? I don't know much about this motherboard. No, I'm not being a jerk, just asking.

nah, wouldnt be that. celeron isnt as bad as its put out to be nehuz. I would say it would be your DDR400. If the motherboard says it doesnt support it, chances are it probably wont work, or if it does, work with glitches.

nah, wouldnt be that. celeron isnt as bad as its put out to be nehuz. I would say it would be your DDR400. If the motherboard says it doesnt support it, chances are it probably wont work, or if it does, work with glitches.

Apparently, it only supports DDR 400 with a processor with an 800 FSB. But just for the heck of it, I tried moving the RAM from one set of slots to another, and it's not crashing nearly as often. Go figure. I'm still getting a better proc though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom