Put ice in foil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that the blow dryer itself would heat up substantially if used for a long period of time... if you want super cfpm, just grab a big window fan, or even better, a carpet blower - wouldn't be any louder than a blow dryer, and you'd want to be sure your case is heavy enough it won't be blown over. lol.

They actually make mini AC for PC's lol....i believe they are a couple hundred though and I don't know how they work. I imagine you would need a special case.

I imagine that the blow dryer itself would heat up substantially if used for a long period of time... if you want super cfpm, just grab a big window fan, or even better, a carpet blower - wouldn't be any louder than a blow dryer, and you'd want to be sure your case is heavy enough it won't be blown over. lol.

good idea too, but i doubt it should heat up. when i imagine using the blowdryer, i would take out the heating elements so it shouldnt heat up at all.

with these new bigger cases, i dont think that it would be that hard to fill the bottom with bricks or cement

Blow dryer isn't a good idea... way too noisy, and the fact that it would be expensive to operate 24x7 would suck. Then think about the fact that in NO scenario will the temperature of a CPU drop BELOW ambient room temperature, and it sort of tosses the idea out the window.

its really not that pricey as CM stacker cases can easily hit 250 bucks.

If it works well It would be worth it...I still say it would be hard to keep the CPU cool enough and you would need LN2 or watercooling along with it to get incredibly high OC's

That case would be nice paired up with a water-cooling kit.. I bet you can get some nice Temps. I'll eventuall buy one... with a water-cooling kit...

i imagine if you had the rad by the ac unit, and the cold air was going thru it, then it would have nice temps.

wonder how that thing works tho, because as we all know, newtons law of physics, every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so in turn by making cold air, where would the hot air from the condensor go? hopefully not inside the case, which im hoping that brass thing on top is not, maybe thats where the cold air goes, and the hot air gets exhausted thru the front or bottom near it.

CS-ICS8200_L15.jpg

CS-ICS8200_L18.jpg

CS-ICS8200_L17.jpg

that last picture makes it really look just like phasechange, just using a heatsink to help distrubuite cold air into the case, using a 120w it seems platter (srry if not using right terms, i dont know anything really about phase change) because if it was true AC there would have to be a resivor, pump, few fans, and a few other things, so i doubt it would be ac, plus that stuff is under high pressure, so i doubt that they would sell something that dangerous.

k i googled and guess what i found:
The AirCon is not a traditional Air Conditioning unit like you would find in your house or car. There are no compressors, condensers, or Freon in the AirCon. The AirCon actually is a combination of two heat sinks, two fans, and a thermoelectric cooler, also known as a peltier. Peltier's have been used to cool CPUs for quite some time by hardcore overclockers. Here is a brief description of what they are and how they work:

Peltier devices, also known as thermoelectric (TE) modules, are small solid-state devices that function as heat pumps. A "typical" unit is a few millimeters thick by a few millimeters to a few centimeters square. It is a sandwich formed by two ceramic plates with an array of small Bismuth Telluride cubes ("couples") in between. When a DC current is applied heat is moved from one side of the device to the other - where it must be removed with a heatsink. The "cold" side is commonly used to cool an electronic device such as a microprocessor or a photodetector.

So what we have is a thermoelectric cooler sandwiched between two aluminum heat sinks, each with its own fan. Then throw in a digital display to show the temperature of the air flowing through the unit, a switch to control the two operating modes, and a slide mounting system that occupies a 5.25” drive bay, and you have the PC AirCon PAC 400.
source

so i was right....

maybe since it looks kinda easy, maybe some one here can make one for like half the price, just get the peltier and a big typhoon and a standard HS, and have the cold air go thru the TT:BT and the hot go thru another hsf, maybe some liquid cooling...or another twist, sounds like a good idea too. put a scythe ninja on the hot side, and have the cold side on a LC loop to help cool the system down, i guess you could pull the rad that way, dunno tho, never messed with phase change, so i dont know how good it is or how efficent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom