1600$ Gaming Rig - Check it over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra's always crap out on people. They are one of the crap de la crap brands (except thier high end ones which are decent I heard), it doesn't matter what you have it powering. The Gigabyte is probably a little better then the MSI, not a big difference though.

Yeah I think I'm gonna get a BFG Powersupply...ever have any experience with them (good or bad?)

Ultra are only good on the higher end models.

The DS3 is just easier to overclock with but the MSi P6N is still a very good board as well.

BFG are ok...I suggest you read Ste's thread stickied on power supplies to see whats really good.

Yeah I've not had any problems with it - only issue is trying to OC my E6400 because I've read reports of people getting up to 3.2 on the E6300 and I can't seem to get past 2.5 - I wonder if its my OCZ RAM? Oh well

Probably the Rev...problem is I think "Rev" means "We f*cked up our last one, buy our new one!" reason being I'm kinda paranoid that if it happend with one "Revision" it may happen again.

Sora I am in a dilemma. I read some great reviews on the Gigabyte you suggested, but when I looked at the FSB it confused me a bit. I looked back at my old MSI with 1333MHz and wondered if the difference was all that spectacular.

For the Gigabyte, it says "FSB 1066/800/533MHz" where as the MSI says 1333MHz...

So does the Gigabyte have less FSB? And if so, how much will this effect my performance?

No...they just put that there to make people think exactly what you are doing.

Don't worry about that....you will end up overclocking way past those ratings.

Once you overclock a DS3 your FSB would be like 1700-1900. It's just your FSB x4

C2D are 266x4=1066 but if you OC your CPU to 400 FSB in the BIos your rated becomes now 1600.

Don't worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom