Opteron 144 vs Athlon64 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
4000 for sure. Both the 3700+ and 4000+ are known to clock quite well.

Also it has a much higher multiplier which can make ocing easier as you won't have to run insanely high FSB speeds.

3700+ and the 4000+ are the most well known OCers. the 3700+ is more for the pros and the 4000+ is more for the noobies.

now i need to find a good stepping processor. wat r good steppings for the 4000+?

nah the 3700 and 4000 both are equally easy to clock.

anyway I had a kab2e 0548fpmw 3700+ and it wasn't bad at all.

they are built on the same core so which ever has the higher standard clock speed is ur best bet. Any reason ur not going for a dual core X2 4000+ or Opteron 165 ( <-this one can get 2.8 GHZ easily)

im not getting a dual core becuase when AMD64 is OCed, a single performs the same an dual core OC. if you don't believe me, ill show u some CPU charts.

In gaming probably yes but there is no doubt that in multitasking dual core is better.

Even now a lot of games see a 15-20% increase in performance with Dual-core

I know Oblivion does.

im not getting a dual core becuase when AMD64 is OCed, a single performs the same an dual core OC. if you don't believe me, ill show u some CPU charts.

It really depends on the application and game...and the OS. Vista on a single core is nowhere near as snappy as on a dual core....and games like Quake 4 and Supreme Commander really shine with dual core. (dual core is pretty much a prerequisite with Supreme Commander)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom