Athlon bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
i know about the athlon xp's bridges and how if you modify them you can unlock features as i have done with unlocking my multiplier on my thouroughbred 2200
now what other bridge modifications can i do to maximise my capabilities of my chip,
i have heared of voltage unlocking (if it exists)

also my friend with a thouroughbred 2000+ has unlocked his multiplier but can get 24*100, he has the same mobo and a extremely simelar CPU to mine but i cant go even to 21 without crashes?
why does this happen and how can i fix it?

thanks
wayne

Wayne, first of all do you have an AMD 2000+ or a 2200+?

I did a little math and came up with the following numbers.
An AMD 2000+ should run at 133MHz FSB * 12.5 multiplier = 1662.5 MHz or ~1.67GHz
An AMD 2200+ should run at 133MHz FSB * 13.5 multiplier = 1795.5 MHz or ~1.8GHz

If you want to maximize your chip's performance, increase the FSB speed back to normal. The Front Side Bus is the bottleneck between your processor and the RAM. The lower the FSB number, the slower your computer is going to go. If you're running your FSB speed at 100MHz, you have reduced your processor's ability by 25%.

To answer your question about the crashing. Every CPU is a little different, and some processors are capable of better performance than others. Even if you had two identically marked chips produced from the same factory, one would probably do better than the other. It sounds like your friend got a better chip than you did, thats the luck of the draw. :)

i have a 2200+ the caption below is wrong, i should really change it.
my frend says its something about the on chip cache. if i try different combos of fsb and multiplier adjustments i cant get too close to 2.1ghz without unstability. currently my cpu is at
134mhz * 15 = 2010

also ive heard about if i up the voltage i will get better stability and if i modify some other bridges i unlock something else
thanks
wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom