Is this a good combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey nagasama remember when we said when the X2 hit in the 60's everyone should buy them?

Heh the OEM is 65 and you can add an Alpine64 for 10 bucks more and hit like 2.6ghz with it.

God the lower models of X2's are so much better in money than Intels it's not even funny...I mean I can't even recommened any more Intel builds under 800 bucks anymore becuase the X2 3600, Biostar 550, and an Arctic Freezer 64 is the exact same price as a single E6300...lol

I just want to know how cheap the X2's will be when the E4300 is dropped down to $113....yikes!

I remember when I used to get called an Intel fanboy becuase I said that AMD wasn't the king of performance and now I just put X2's in my builds haha

yeah i am trying to decide if i am going to go ahead and get a 3600 and the
T550. try and oc it thru the roof, and if i fail, build my mom a rig using them.
or, if i should wait (lol lol) for the new kuma to come out in Q3 and build myself a new one and use my old parts for hers. hmmm...decisions decisions.
i have read more about the 65nm amds and it seems that architecture is the same as 90nm, only the power consumption is less, along with the heat. so, i dunno if i can pull a higher o.c. with it than i can with my 4200. i can get to 2.85 ish or so with it. i have heard that my nf4 chipset is really whats stopping me. apokalipse gets his 4400 (i think) up to 3+ with a 590 chipset.
i wish they made a 590 chipset mobo that wasnt sli. the best they make non-sli is a 570 ultra. i just dont know...
i dunno if the 570 overclocks very well, and there aren't many choices as far as mobos. abit, asus, epox and a few more. i do like abit, but am afraid the fsb limit may hinder me as it does in my current mobo.
now, the 3600 has a multiplier of 9.5, and to get to 3ghz that means the fsb would need to be 315ish. if i have a mobo that will clock to 315 fsb, then my 4200 will (in theory) reach like 3.4ish. i'm not holding my breath for that high, but i would like to break past 3ghz.
so, my dilema is....
but the 3600 and T550 and see if i can do it (this will cost about 150 dollars)
or buy the foxconn (or another. suggestions?) mobo with the 590 chipset and PROBABLY break 3ghz with my 4200. this will cost about 180ish dollars.
the main review i have read about oc ing a 4200 uses the foxconn board and the 4200 they are using is the same stepping as mine. they got right to 3ghz and were able to stabilize it. anything more and they went to water. and they didnt get too much farther. from 3001 to like 3070.
SO I DUNNO, ARRRRGH....!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom