2 operating systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I have vista ultimate on 1 hard drive and xp pro on the other.

For some reason my pc boots up right into xp pro and it doesn't ask me which operating system i want.

The hard drive with vista ultimate i have booting before the one with xp pro and still xp pro starts first.

There should be a screen asking me which operating system i want to chose but nothing comes up.

In Xp go Start/Control Panel/System Click The Advanced tab

Under the Startup and Recovery click the settings button

change the defult operating system to Vista Ultimate.. and make sure time to display list of operating systems is checked and put in say... 30 seconds for time.

thanx but when i click vista ultimate it still gets into xp pro.
Was i supposed to change anything else?

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows vista ultimate" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Thats what it says in the startup and recovery.

First of all, I'm assuming you installed xp pro second. If this is the case than you most likely removed the vista bootloader so what you need to do is install this: Download EasyBCD 1.52 - NeoSmart Technologies , and use it to repair the vista bootloader, then you need to add windows xp to the VISTA bootloader, and not the other way around. There are numerous tutorials available online that will tell you how to do all that in explicit detail. Google is you're friend...

just put the vista cd in when you want it to boot vista. don't hit the hit any key to boot option

it works but i can't figure out how to get the option to come up to chose which operating system i want to open. Vista ultimate opens though just want the option so i can open xp pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom