New NVIDIA ForceWare 97.94 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
New NVIDIA ForceWare 97.94 Drivers

NVIDIA has posted brand new 97.94 ForceWare drivers for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center, Windows XP x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64. Grab them if you need them.

Supports GeForce 8800 GTX and GeForce 8800 GTS GPUs. Game and application compatibility fixes. For more information on this driver, please view the Release Notes. New PureVideo technology features allows GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS to achieve a score of 128 in the HQV video quality benchmark: Improved inverse telecine algorithms (2:2 & 3:2 Pull-down Correction) for standard and high definition content. Improved spatial-temporal de-interlacing algorithm (for standard and high definition content).

IMO the 8800 drivers could still use alot of work. I accually think ATI is surpassing Nvidia with driver quality.

i don't think we can say that yet, they're playing catch up. ATI haven't released they're "next generation" cards yet so they're still coding drivers on a pretty familiar architecture whereas nVidia's new cards have changed quite remarkably from the 7 series cards.
Indeed. the 8800's have a very different architecture; having unified shaders, and being the first DirectX 10 card out.

ATI hasn't released their next generation card. They'll have to make new drivers for it, when it's released.

That being said, I think the R600 may have a performance advantage over the 8800's, regardless of drivers.

That being said, I think the R600 may have a performance advantage over the 8800's, regardless of drivers.

It should.. The 8800's came out in November wasn't it? Its april now.. ATI has had that much time to analyze the competition and possablily improve on it... If ATI can't manage to beat a card that was made about 6 months ago they could be in trouble.

lol lets try not to turn this into another ATI vs Nvidia thread.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom