online companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I just thought I'd let everyone know that I purchased a mobo from Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! : ComputerHQ. The board was bad and had to RMA it. There RMA process was kinda confussing so I called them to make sure I understood it right before I sent it back to make sure it was accepted. Weeks went by and I didn't
see any changes on my RMA status nore a refund on my credit card. I emailed them and they called me with in 30 minutes. They said that they have been leaving messages for me (they didn't). They order a replacement for me and then saw that I wanted credit (RMA it for credit from day 1 and called to confirm that I was allegable for creit). Then he asked was was wrong with the board. He said they tried it and it "booted" up. I told him mobo's don't "boot", they power up. OS's "boot up". I asked him if he had a video card installed he said "no". I then informed him he should of got an error code for in not being installed and that both PCI-E slots don't work and it fried my 8800 GTX. I don't think I will ever deal with them again because I felt like they were BSing me. Just thought I'd let people know about them. We should have ratings for online stores. and sticky it.

I don't like online pre-building companies becuase they will all give you a few junk parts and then their service will suck...one of the only companies you can trust if Alienware but their PC's are so expensive..

The only think that is nice about prebuild companies is that your warrenty and tech support are all with one company. Support usually sucks though.

TigerDirect I have dealt with before and didn't care for. Everything they sell seems to have a mail in rebate. Even with waiting for six months till you get it, the price isn't the greatest.

Have to aggree with you there... I have spend long hours on the phone with dell tech support explaning problems... sometimes they are really hard to understand.

you mise well hand your computer over to a 6 year old with 4 crayons and a pipe cleaner and they could get your computer in better shape then dell tech support. dealt with them as a customer and as a 3rd party tech support agent myself and they are horrid to the point where i had to tell the customer on the linked call that we need to hang up on them and ill walk them through it even if it was out of my support boundrys, i mean honestly support boundries suck! so does dell tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom