boot cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pabulum

Beta member
Ok, so I downloaded XP Pro Corporate edition. I unzipped it to a folder. Then, I burnt everything in the folder to a blank CD using BurnQuick software. I put the disc in my other PC and my computer didn't boot the CD. Now, I have it set to boot from CD, like, I have another XP Pro CD that I used to use, but it messed up and I can't use it anymore. Anyway, it used to boot that CD, but it won't boot this new one I made. Any ideas??

Here, this is what I did, step by step.
1. Dragged the folder with all the XP Pro stuff over into MagicISO.
2. Saved it as image/iso.
3. Clicked on the burn icon on magicISO and selected the new ISO image I just created.
4. Put the CD in my other computer, didn't boot it.

:(((((

you had already extracted it from an iso.

now you should import those files into nlite, then select the make a bootable iso image. nlite will make it bootable even if it wasn't before

Here, this is what I did, step by step.
1. Dragged the folder with all the XP Pro stuff over into MagicISO.
2. Saved it as image/iso.
3. Clicked on the burn icon on magicISO and selected the new ISO image I just created.
4. Put the CD in my other computer, didn't boot it.

:(((((

So is there just one folder showing on the cd with all the other files inside that folder or do you have all the normal folders showing like i386, valueadd, support, cmpnents, autorun.inf etc etc?

Can you post a screen shot of it?

i use cdimage...live search it :D (also cuz I have links on the other computer and lazy)
only 3 little files....thing works great...
and this is after using all the other things like nlite and even lousy nero with it's dosbased boot (lol).

I made me a fully complete and bootable XP CD for my 2 old HP pavilions...CLEAN!!! No bloat! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom