Any decent MMORPG games left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZ-Disciple

Baseband Member
I used to play asherons call and earth and beyond in the states when I was there, but in New Zealand I haven't come across any good mmorpg games. Did they fizzle out to fast paced FPS games? Anyone recommend something good? And one that if my 10 year old was watching wouldn't have nightmares with. Trying to be responsible for a change.

Cheers!

Not too sure. If it's anything like WC3 I wouldn't be too thrilled on it. I am not into Stategy games much like starcraft or WC. But if it's different please splain to me.

Guildwars, no monthly payment. Although if you buy the expansions when they come out it ends being one. Seeing as they come out every 6 months. You start out with 4 char slots, then you add 2 with each added expansion.

Decent - PvE (Player Vs Environment) The first part of 3 alone can give you well over 240hrs of gameplay before you've done just about everything with one Character.

Fantastic - PvP (Player Vs Player) Although if you plan on doing this be prepared to have to buy all 3 expansions because most of the skills are necessary for the latest builds

WoW - Cartoony graphics like Warcraft 3 but much better and the gameplay isn't at all like WC3, atleast from what I heard it isn't.

Depending on how much you prefer first-person-shooter games, there are also MMORPGs like Puzzle Pirates and Kingdom of Loathing :)

Well I really enjoyed asherons call. Was into that for a wee while, but since not playing it a couple years back now I haven't found one that suited. I am not too keen on getting one that wouldn't suit young eyes on it ya know? Thought about guild wars. Not sure.. have heard some unsavory feedback on it. I really liked Earth and Beyond but don't think it's out any longer and you also had to pay for it. In New Zealand I don't think they have that. Currently just play BF2 and occasional CS. They get boring after a while though.

tons of free mmorpgs out there...all what you are looking for too maybe, hehe. I used to play AC...I was pretty famous in that game for a while...but that might be only with 20% of the gamers...and maybe the older gen ;)

many mmos now, are free to play with "better game" buy options.

Silkroad online...played it...not played anymore. I spent a good chunk of real world money in that game...but man it got boring fast.

I tried a recent one, Corum...I like the look of the game but friggin thing seems so alpha-ish. And yet they have their item mall up...anything to start making money fast right? lol

check these, one of the many easy links out there:
List of freeware games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free MMORPG List - Free Multiplayer Games list

bunch of things for you to try out :D....that second link is huge and I think a good favorite to make...seems I see 1 new game added about once every 3 weeks or so. Not a good link for dialup...and that's me :p

Well i came across a decent game and you might have some interest in, Its called gunz. Go look it up in google for the international version,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom