Opteron 144 vs Athlon64 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
okay, so i have 2 processor here but i can't find the better one.

Operton 144 venus core, 1.8ghz, L2 cache 1mb, 90nm, HT 1000mhz

Athlon64 4000+ san diego core, 2.4ghz, L2 cache 1M, 90nm, HT 2000mhz

venus, san diego, and venice uses almost the exact architecture so i assume they OC the same.
seeing that the 4000+ stock is 2.4ghz and 144 at 1.8ghz, im leaning towards the 4000+.

which one is the victor?

a lot of people said the opteron can't OC more than 2.2ghz. maybe this is y the opteron 144 is cheaper than the 4000+

Well I've got my 4000 sitting comfortably at 3.0GHz if that tells you anything.

opteron definately....whoever said you cant get the opty past 2.2ghz doesnt know what they are talking about.

that's an uneducated statement.

the overclocking depends alot on the motherboard too. just because the PROCESSOR can get that fast doesn't mean the motherboard will be able to get you there.

ok so even if you can OC the opteron to 2.4....you might as well get the 4000+ and overclock to 2.8 or so

you'd be an idiot to NOT get the 4000+ it's ALREADY at 2.4 STOCK. so you have nowhere to go but UP from there. if you get the opty you have to hope and pray that you can even GET to 2.4...let alone think you're gonna get a 1 ghz overclock to 2.8. that's just ridiculous

Optys overclock very well from what I have been told
yea, optys overclock very very well.
but the opteron uses the exact same core architecture as the 4000+ so they OC the same.

molsen is actaully right. im still leaning towards a 4000+

4000 for sure. Both the 3700+ and 4000+ are known to clock quite well.

Also it has a much higher multiplier which can make ocing easier as you won't have to run insanely high FSB speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom