Buying a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
I recently ran into a problem with my laptops sound. There's a thread in the general pc's section.

I am thinking about upgrading to the Dell e1705. C2D, 2Gig, 80 7200RPM, 7900GS 256mb, 17in widescreen w/ TruLife, Vista, etc.

Has anyone had experience with this laptop. It sounds like a really sweet deal to me, and I am really contemplating buying it.

One thing that I am really cautious about is the video card. I assume I won't be getting great battery life from this card, but should I wait for DX10 to come to laptops? How long do you think it would be until that happens? And would it be worth the wait? Is it even worth getting a 7900GS in the laptop. The only other option would be the X1400.

I have an Asus and I freakin love it.
But they dont make anything with a GPU comparable to the 7900 series, the highest they go is the 7700, and you're pushin $2k then.
My fiancee has the e1705, its pretty decent, but its huge. Good screen though, and its durable.
How much is it? I've seen some e1705 with 7900GS go on eBay NIB for like $1300-$1400.

I have the e1705. It's freakin awesome. But I don't have the gpu... I have the gma945... but with the 7900 I'm sure it'll be a beast. It looks like you are gonna be using this for gaming and photoshop (looking at the specs)... so why do you care about battery life? (just get an extra adapter haha) When my e1705 was new I was getting around 4-5 hours of battery life... now it's about 3 hours (regular stock battery). But yours w/ the 7900... I heard from others that they only get about 2 hours with the 7900. I recommend the e1705... and your specs are hella better than mine.
I have core duo 1.83ghz 512mb 667mhz MSxp gma945 and everything else... and it still plays FEAR and Doom3 haha, but I'm not an intense gamer so low resolution works for me. I'll leave the high resolution up to my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom