Vista Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christon

Beta member
Does anyone know if a legal copy of Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade can be used to upgrade from an illegal copy of Windows XP Professional, or do i need the full installation of vista home premium?

You will need a full install. The Vista upgrade only works on Fully legit versions of XP. That was one of the changes made to the upgrade process.

In order to install a Vista upgrade you must have a fully legit and working copy of XP already installed on your machine in order for the upgrade process to begin. If it isnt legit it wont upgrade.

Sorry.

I need a reminder....the upgrade options with vista only work with pre-installed versions of Windows right? We cannot use the insert old Win cd here thingy? :D

I need a reminder....the upgrade options with vista only work with pre-installed versions of Windows right? We cannot use the insert old Win cd here thingy? :D

As i said above. You must have a fully installed and legit copy of XP already on your machine. There is no option to just insert a CD during install. You MUST already have XP installed and Genuine to use the Vista Upgrade option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom