AMD athlon 4400+ X2 S939 Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have a an amd 4400+ x2 processer .The fan on it keeps stopping and starting, is this a clever feature to save power(it only spins when it needs cooling or is it a fault ?
Can you help?,Thanks in advance,
Sol

Well it is an established technology which slows and speeds up the fan depending on the pressures on it. Does it start when programs are running? Also, if the fan stops entirely, that may be a bad thing: are you doing this by ear or sight?

Good ole' Cool and Quiet Technology. That ain't no glitch, it speeds up and slows down the fan depending on the CPU Temperature, so it does not have to be so loud all the time, pretty useful feature if u ask me especially when one games or video edits.

yea, i love it, makes me able to sleep at night, but then there are those times.

when i first got the pc i thought the fan only went 3000 rpm. one of the case fans stopped when i was at school and came back to hear the cpu fan going about 5500 rpm. wasnt going its normal brrrr, it was going bzzzzz. loud.

took cool and quiet off, and used speedfan. right now im running at a balmy 27C (thats with firefox, and wmp open watching Click on my other monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom