New PC build issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

crussell

Beta member
Building a new pc based on a nforce 570 motherboard with a dual-core intel processor. Unit powers on, drives spin up, fans spin up, everything seems to be fine, but I get no graphics, no keyboard, etc. It just sits their. I've got one 1024MB ddr2 dimm installed. I've checked and rechecked all of the connections and I'm coming up with a loss. In the past, I would have concluded it was probably a memory chip issue but since I've got no spare chip, I've got no way to test that theory.

Finally, one last piece of info. There is a 4 pin ATX12V1 auxiliary power header on the motherboard that is NOT hooked to anything (power supply did not come with a connector for it). It appears that if you are using the 24 pin power header the auxiliary is unnecessary, however, I may be reading the documentation wrong on that. If anyone can verify I'd appreciate the direction.

Thanks,
Craig

Make sure your cpu is seated properly..seriously...

connections all verified ok right? ;)

And lastly...I do believe your 4pin mobo connector needs to be jacked up. Was not really needed prior, but I think needed now on newer cpus...but not 100% certain. Usually, if a psu does not have the connector, the mobo will have such an adaptor...but I am guessing all depending on luck of the draw whose product you have.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm hitting radio shack for an adaptor of some kind to jack up that connector. That makes sense. I just wish that Tiger Direct had taken that into account when they bundled the power supply, processor, and motherboard for their "barebones" kit.

Thanks again,

Craig

yeah the 4 pin connector is for your cpu. without it connected, it is quite possible (especially with a dual core) that your cpu is not receiving proper voltage.
if you live in the u.s., i suggest using newegg. they are usually cheaper than tiger direct and their customer support is outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom