Installing OS on External Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I tried to install an operating system on my external drive but it won't let me... it says its because I need special software to do this... probably because its hooked up through usb or firewire. Can anybody help me install XP on my external harddrive?

I had tried using the guide that penfold had suggested and it works great (I think). All of the files seem to install just fine... however, when I actually pick that os when I first boot up, XP loads for a1 sec and then bang... blue screen with an error stating that I may have viruses or something keeping it from running... restart now... yada yada yada. I'm pretty sure I rewrote the installation disk right... I did it step by step... anybody have any ideas as to what I should do?

I had tried using the guide that penfold had suggested and it works great (I think). All of the files seem to install just fine... however, when I actually pick that os when I first boot up, XP loads for a1 sec and then bang... blue screen with an error stating that I may have viruses or something keeping it from running... restart now... yada yada yada. I'm pretty sure I rewrote the installation disk right... I did it step by step... anybody have any ideas as to what I should do?

if you would have extract my file above to your drive, it would have worked. you didn't need a guide. oh well, the time limit expired on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom